Powder coating is a modern technology for painting metals (mainly steel and aluminum). The Powder coating has huge advantages over the conventional metal paint.
Many items around us are Powder coated, starting with home appliances like refrigerator and oven and up to big electrical transformers.
Around the world Powder coating is normally used for:
- Construction: The architectural and building market powder coats aluminum extrusions used on frames for windows and doors and modular furniture. Many highways and building projects use powder coating on light poles, guardrails, signs, posts, and fencing.
- Appliances: The appliance industry benefits from powder coating on front and side panels of ranges and refrigerators, washer tops and lids, dryer drums, air-conditioner cabinets, water heaters, dishwasher racks, and cavities of microwave ovens. Powder coating has also replaced porcelain enamel on many washer and dryer parts.
- Automotive: The automotive industry uses powder coating on wheels, bumpers, hubcaps, door handles, decorative trim and accent parts, truck beds, radiators, filters, and numerous engine parts. A clear powder topcoat has been developed to protect auto bodies. BMW and Volvo are using it on their new model cars, and GM, Ford, and Chrysler have formed a consortium to test this technique on their production lines.
- Everyday Products: There are innumerable everyday uses for powder coated products such as lighting fixtures, antennas, and electrical components. Farmers have powder coated tractors and farm equipment. Fitness buffs use golf clubs and golf carts, ski poles and bindings, snowmobiles, bicycles, and exercise equipment, all of which are powder coated. Shop owners have powder coated display racks, shelves, store fixtures, and vending machines. Office workers use metal furniture, computer cabinets, mechanical pencils and pens, thumbtacks, and other desk accessories that are powder coated. Parents have powder coated baby strollers, cribs, metal toys, and wagons. Homeowners have lawn mowers, snow blowers, barbecue grills, patio furniture, garden tools, electronic components, bathroom scales, toolboxes, and fire extinguishers. These items all benefit from a powder coated finish.
Repainting painted elements
- Can be done, but the painted object have to be cleaned from conventional paint leftovers before being painted (ether by chemical paint remover or by mechanical paint remover)
Advantages of Powder coating
- Resistant to heat, corrosion, impact, and abrasion
- Resistant to most chemicals and solvents
- Resistant to fading from sunlight
- Anti scratching, anti peeling and anti cracking
- High Impact Resistance
- Flexibility - can bend without cracking
- Longer life than paint
Uniform and perfect finish:
- No spilling like in liquid paint
- No brush marks like in liquid paint
- Uniform thickness
- Paint penetrates to corners and places that cannot be reached with conventional painting.
Color / Texture Variety
- Large variety of colors
- Metallic or conventional look
- Different gloss levels.
- Different textures: smooth, hammered, granular
- E.P.A. approved
- Creates no hazardous or toxic waste
- Uses no solvents or thinners
- Pollution free
We offer our powder painting to:
- Individuals that build or renovate their home
- Construction industry (for steel and aluminum elements)
- Metal industry (starting with metal workshops up to big industries)
- Industries that require metal painting for their products.